When first opening the App Migrations view, an empty list will be displayed. In order to populate the list, select a Source Environment from the environment list. On the application list view all of the apps in the configured tenant will displayed after selecting the Source. Several filters exist on these view to make it easier to find the targeted application.
- App Name
- Device Platform
Once the targeted application has been found in the listview, click Migrate App to navigate to the details page for that Application. From the details view, you can migrate the application, export the meta data as a json file and/or view the details of the application.
On the details view, you'll see information about the application, such as the app version, id, etc. Additionally, on this page, the app meta data can be exported as a json file if needed for some other use case.
To migrate an application perform the following:
- Application - Click on Browse and select the app file for the application from your file system.
- Note: The application file needs to be supplied to this tool. There is no way for the tool to retrieve the file from the source environment via the Workspace ONE UEM API at this time.
- Icon (Windows 10 & macOS Apps) - Click on Browse to supply the catalog icon if needed.
- Note: The icon file needs to be supplied to this tool in order for it to migrate.
- Click the Migrate Button.
- Monitor the status on the screen just above the details table.
The following items are automatically migrated if they are detected.
- Windows 10 Apps
- Transforms (MST) for MSI applications
- Detection scripts
- macOS Apps
- Software manifest including scripts added after initial upload.
Once the migrate button has been clicked, Forklift will upload the application file to the new environment and once that upload is complete, it will save the meta data for that application.